Patient Education Guide - Wound Care
One out of every four Americans over the age of 65 suffer from extremity ulcers, a condition that is not only painful, but one that also involves expensive treatment. This booklet is designed to help you and your patient, as well as his or her family and caregiver better understand wounds, their care, prevention and complications.
- Large print and simplified language enhance readability and comprehension for both staff and patients
- Easily understood by patients and caregivers
- Space to identify and record your patients wound type.
- Numerous forms to log vital signs, medicines, wound care treatments and other important information, as well as a place to note questions for your next visit or a visit with a therapist or physician.
- Simple guidelines for you, your patient, family and caregivers to work as a team to help wounds heal faster and improve the quality of life of the patient.
- Comprehensive resource and reference for the patient during and after wound treatment.
Patient Education Booklet(s) are cost-effective and will:
- Eliminate the need to copy numerous instruction forms
- Serve as a resource tool to leave in the patient’s home during the episode of care and after discharge from the agency
- Decrease the number of visits required for disease process teaching for many of your patients
By using this booklet as an educational guide and progress record, it will help to ensure that your patient will receive appropriate and timely treatment and intervention, as well as decrease the likelihood of future complications. REVISED March 2013
|Size:||8.5" X 11" (32 Pages)|