Operational Guidelines for Home Health - eManual
UPDATED 2020 – 8th Edition – eManual*
The Operational Guidelines for Home Health has been written to comply with the Medicare Conditions of Participation for home health and Medicare requirements. Additional policies are included to address specific requirements of accreditation organizations related to Medicare agencies.
There are two crosswalks in the manual. One is for the Medicare regulations –cross referenced to the Condition of Participation. Not all policies are required by Medicare but are suggested by this author. These are referenced in the crosswalk with an R or S. The second crosswalk is for Accreditation (Joint Commission, CHAP, and ACHC) Policies are cross walked to these requirements.
Revisions & Updates include:
• Medicare Crosswalk
• B-150 Documentation for Claims Submission
• B-261 Sentinel Event Policy
• C-122 Medicare Qualifying Criteria for Beneficiary Reimbursement
• C-155 Client Reassessment/Update of Comprehensive Assessment
• Glossary Definitions
• Accreditation Crosswalk
• B-155 Medicaid and Medicare Fraud and Abuse
• B-300 Environmental Safety
• C-123 Home Health Change of Care Notice (HHCCN)
• D-220 Competency Evaluation of Home Care Staff
• And more!
Download Table of Contents
• The content of this digital eManual is editable*, it can be customized to meet the specific needs of your organization.
• This eManual includes an annual subscription to electronic updates*.
• Divided into sections for Administration, Governing, Client Care, and Personnel.
• Detailed Glossary
• Resources and References
• Policies included for Emergency Preparedness and sample documents in resource area
• Table of contents for each section as well as the comprehensive table of contents and crosswalks
• Clear, concise and easy to read
• This eManual must be tailored to each agency to address state and local regulations. It meets Federal guidelines
• Crosswalks include the G-tags associated with the new Conditions of Participation
*To receive your editable eManual file and updates you must complete and return a content license agreement and provide an end-user email address and contact name for file delivery (please allow 2-3 business days for order fulfillment). After 1- year, your update subscription will automatically renew at an annual rate of $235.00. Binder is not included with purchase.
The subscription/license is for single-site use; multi-site agreements are available and must be quoted.
· Publisher/Copyright: Briggs Healthcare®
· Author: Jeanette Mefford, RN, MPH Mefford, Knutson & Associates, Inc.
· Edition: 8th
· Publication Date: April 2020
· Delivery: eManual - editable file delivered electronically
· Updates: Delivered electronically - included for 1-year; update subscription automatically renews after first year
Digital/electronic merchandise & subscriptions: all digital and electronic products and subscriptions are non-refundable and non-returnable.