Operational Guidelines for Home Health - Print-on-Demand Manual
2021 9TH Edition Now Available – Print-on-Demand Manual*
A note from the author Jeanette Mefford, RN, MPH : During the past year of COVID-19 restrictions, Medicare has modified some requirements for the period of Pandemic, but not all will be permanent and they are not listed in this manual.
The updated 9th Edition features numerous policy updates throughout to address the authorization of allowed non-physician practitioners (NPPs) to order home healthcare services for Medicare patients in a manner consistent with state law. Other policies with updates include:
•B-150 – Documentation for Claims Submission
•B-200 – Orientation Guidelines for Governing Body Members
•B-403 – Infection Prevention and Control
•C-148 – Pain Assessment Management
•C-180 – Provision for 24-Hour RN Availability
•C-540 – Identifying and Reporting Abuse/Neglect/Exploitation of Clients
• C-560 – Abuse Prevention Plan
• C-870 – Clinical Record Content/Medical Record Retention
• D-240 – Health Screening
• D-420 – Sexual Harassment
• Glossary – several updates and additions
The Operational Guidelines for Home Health is written to comply with the Medicare Conditions of Participation for home health and Medicare requirements. Additional policies are included to address specific requirements of accreditation organizations related to Medicare agencies. There are two crosswalks in the manual:
1. One is for the Medicare regulations –cross referenced to the Condition of Participation. Not all policies are required by Medicare but are suggested by this author. These are referenced in the crosswalk with an R or S.
2. The second crosswalk is for Accreditation standards (Joint Commission, NPSG, CHAP, and ACHC). Policies are cross walked to these requirements.
• The content of this manual is editable*, it can be customized to meet the specific needs of your organization.
• This manual includes an annual subscription to electronic updates*.
• Divided into sections for Administration, Governing, Client Care, and Personnel.
• Detailed Glossary
• Resources and References
• Policies included for Emergency Preparedness and sample documents in resource area
• Table of contents for each section as well as the comprehensive table of contents and crosswalks
• Clear, concise and easy to read
• This manual must be tailored to each agency to address state and local regulations. It meets Federal guidelines
• Crosswalks include the G-tags associated with the new Conditions of Participation
Delivery: Printed Manual is made-to-order ensuring content is current - lead time approximately 10-15 days - editable file delivered electronically.
Download Table of Contents
*To receive your editable file and updates you must complete and return a content license agreement and provide an end-user email address and contact name for file delivery (please allow 2-3 business days for order fulfillment). After 1- year, your update subscription will automatically renew at an annual rate of $235.00.
The subscription/license is for single-site use; multi-site agreements are available and must be quoted.
· Publisher/Copyright: Briggs Healthcare®
· Author: Jeanette Mefford, RN, MPH Mefford, Knutson & Associates, Inc.
· Edition: 9th
· Publication Date: July 2021
· Delivery: Printed Manual is made-to-order ensuring content is current - lead time approximately 10-15 days - editable file delivered electronically
· Updates: Delivered electronically - included for 1-year; update subscription automatically renews after first year