Clinical Procedures for Home Care and Hospice eManual
Updated 2019 – 7th Edition – eManual*
The Clinical Procedures for Home Care and Hospice Manual from Briggs Healthcare was reviewed 2019 by author Jeanette Mefford, RN, MPH of Mefford, Knutson & Associates, Inc., resulting in updates to the following policies:
• Section I: Intravenous Therapy
• Section M: Musculoskeletal/Orthopedic
Theses updates are representative of the areas in our industry that change rapidly. Home infusion therapy continues to expand as an area for home care and the rapid advances in transplants-specifically joint replacements demonstrate the need to stay current. We will continue to monitor for other changes.
In addition, these specific policies have been updated:
• Policy D-150 – Care and Cleaning of Urinary Drainage Bags
• Policy N-130 – Hand Washing
All of the procedures are arranged according to body systems. Each procedure is set up to identify who is trained to complete these procedures but also with a format that accommodates tailoring to the delegation of nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel as allowed by state and federal guidelines.
• The content of this digital eManual is editable*, it can be customized to meet the specific needs of your organization
• This eManual includes an annual subscription to electronic updates*
• Newly updated and referenced using national standards for wound care, infusion therapy, infection control, and best practices
• Arranged by system for easy reference
• Includes section for the training and direction of home health aides
• Competencies for frequently used and standardized procedures
*To receive your editable file and updates you must complete and return a content license agreement and provide an end-user email address and contact name for file delivery (please allow 2-3 business days for order fulfillment). After 1- year, your update subscription will automatically renew at an annual rate of $185.00. Binder is not included with purchase.
The subscription/license is for single-site use; multi-site agreements are available and must be quoted.
Download License Agreement
· Publisher/Copyright: Briggs Healthcare®
· Author: Jeanette Mefford, RN, MPH, Mefford, Knutson & Associates, Inc.
· Edition: 7th
· Publication Date: December 2019
· Delivery: eManual - editable file delivered electronically
· Updates: Delivered electronically - included for 1-year; update subscription automatically renews after first year
Digital/electronic merchandise & subscriptions: all digital and electronic products and subscriptions are non-refundable and non-returnable.